- IDOG Rescue will always officially identify volunteers acting on our behalf, and will provide all necessary documentation of our IRS Designation as a non-profit.
- IDOG has a comprehensive adoption screening process with reference checks and home visits when possible.
- IDOG Rescue keeps all information about the dogs’ placement and origin confidential.
- IDOG staff and volunteers always treat people with respect and compassion.
- We pride ourselves on our professionalism and dependability.
Spay and Neuter and Veterinary Care Policy for Rescue Doodles
- All dogs over the age of 6 months are spayed and neutered prior to adoption.
- We will early spay and neuter on puppies in our care if we have access to a vet skilled in this procedure, otherwise puppies are adopted with Spay/Neuter clause in their adoption contract that requires the dog to be de-sexed by 6 months of age.
- The only exception is if the dog has medical issues and we have a vet recommendation to delay.
IDOG Rescue gives each dog a complete vet-check and full vaccination. We spay or neuter where necessary and microchip all dogs before placing them in their new home. We do often accept heartworm positive dogs. Dogs with other medical issues are considered based on our ability to treat and successfully adopt them out.
IDOG Rescue will not accept aggressive dogs, but we do admit doodles with other behavioral issues, on a case-by-case basis.